With the nature’s basket initiative gaining momentum, coming up with a creative and innovative food product and applying for Vendorship at Nature’s Basket becomes extremely important.
To become a vendor of Nature’s Basket, you need to have an original idea of food and an elaborate business plan to support your product. It is one of the most crucial steps towards becoming a vendor as only those who meet the eligibility criteria are shortlisted for the next round of selection process. Let us know more about how you can apply for vendership at Nature’s Basket.
What is Nature’s Basket?
Nature’s Basket is a chain of large retail stores selling fresh fruits, vegetables and other groceries. Nature’s Basket has created a separate section on their website titled ‘Vendorship’ with a purpose of encouraging the food entrepreneurs and landless farmers to come up with creative and innovative food products. Vendors who are aiming to sell their products through Nature’s Basket, need to apply for vendership.
Vendors are shortlisted on the basis of the following criteria:
- Feasibility of the product – Does the product have a demand in the market? Does it have a sustainability factor?
- Legal Ownership and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the product – Does the vendor own the rights to the product or any part of it?
- Accessibility of raw materials required to produce the product – Is there any chance of the raw material shortage?
Eligibility Criteria to become a vendor at Nature’s Basket
The eligibility criteria to become a vendor at Nature’s Basket are as follows:
- Any vendor who wants to sell their fresh produce of vegetables and fruits at Nature’s Basket must be an Indian resident.
- The prospective vendor must be a landless farmer, self-employed or an entrepreneur.
- The products being sold must be certified organic and grown without the use of pesticides or harmful chemicals.
- The vendor must possess the legal rights to the product, i.e. the vendor can’t be selling a product whose ownership is with someone else.
- The vendor must have detailed knowledge about farming and organic farming.
How to apply for Vendorship at Nature’s Basket?
The first step is to visit the Vendorship section at Nature’s Basket website and create a login account. The next step is to create a business plan for your product. Your business plan should include the following:
Product Description: The product description should be elaborate and include nature of product, method of production, ingredients, quantities required to produce one unit, etc.
Target Audience: The target audience should be mentioned and the selling points of your product should be explained. The target audience can be wholesalers, retailers, hotels, Indian restaurants, online buyers, etc.
Pricing and Profitability: Pricing and profitability of the product should be mentioned in the business plan.
Marketing Strategy: The marketing strategy should include the following – How will you reach the consumers? What will be your distribution channels? What will be your pricing strategy? What will be your marketing strategy?
Tips to create a successful application
The first and foremost thing to do is to be innovative. Nature’s Basket is encouraging the fresh produce vendors to come up with creative and innovative food products, so be creative and don’t be afraid to experiment. You can also team up with another vendor and work on the joint product.
The second thing is to be realistic. It is important to be realistic while creating the business plan as only those who meet the eligibility criteria are shortlisted for the next round of selection process.
The third and the most important thing is to be consistent. Once you apply for vendership, follow up with Nature’s Basket regularly. Follow up with them once every week or every fortnight and keep them updated about your progress. This will increase your chances of getting selected as Nature’s Basket is looking for consistent vendors.
The nature’s basket initiative is a great way to encourage the food entrepreneurs and landless farmers to come up with creative and innovative food products. You can also team up with another vendor and work on the joint product to increase your chances of getting selected at Nature’s Basket. There is no set rule to follow while coming up with a product, so feel free to experiment and come up with something new.