Chownow is an interactive dating app that encourages you to play 22 different roles, including a farmer, cowboy, and lumberjack. When you download the app and create an account, you will be prompted to fill out several details about yourself such as your name, email address, and phone number. During your time on the app, you may also be presented with the opportunity to add more friends or begin a private chat with another user.
However, if after using the app for some time — or even just once — you feel that it’s not for you and would rather not continue using it, then deleting your Chownow account is probably a sensible idea. This guide will explain how to delete your Chownow account as well as how to remove your personal information from their system so that you no longer appear in their user directory.
Why You May Want to Delete Your Chownow Account
If you downloaded and used Chownow a few months ago, but no longer find the app useful or enjoyable, then it may be a good idea to delete your account. There are several reasons you might want to do this, including:
- You’ve decided you don’t like the app and don’t want to use it anymore.
- You’ve discovered that the people on the app aren’t compatible with you.
- You want to discontinue playing a few of the app’s roles.
- You’re concerned about your privacy and don’t want to leave a digital trail of your activities on the app.
- You’re concerned about your safety on the app, especially if you’ve encountered problematic users on it.
How to Delete Your Chownow Account
If you have decided that you no longer want to use Chownow and would like to delete your account, then you’ll first need to log into your account and follow the steps below.
- First, go to chownow.com in your web browser and log into your account. You will likely be prompted to create a new password before you can proceed.
- Once you’ve logged in, click on the “Settings” tab in the top-right part of the page and select the “Delete Account” option in the drop-down menu.
Your account deletion may take a few days to process, so be patient. You also may want to remove your personal information from the app’s database before deleting your account.
Deleting your personal information from their system
While you’re logged into your account, you may also want to delete your personal information from the app’s database. Doing this will ensure that your information cannot be connected with any of your activities on the app, including likes, dislikes, private chats, and more. The first step in deleting your information from their database is to go to “Settings” and select the “Delete My Data” option in the drop-down menu. Once you’ve clicked on this button, you will be prompted to enter a confirmation message. After clicking on the “Confirm” button, your data will be deleted.
Deleting your profile photo from their database
You may also want to delete your profile photo from the app’s database. To do this, go to “Settings” and click on the “Delete Photo” option in the drop-down menu. You will once again be prompted to enter a confirmation message, after which your profile photo will be removed from the app’s database.
Deleting the rest of your account information from their database
Finally, you may also want to delete the rest of your account information from the app’s database. To do this, go to “Settings” and select the “Delete Full Profile” option in the drop-down menu. Once again, you will be prompted to confirm your request and after you’ve done so, your entire account will be deleted and removed from their database.