Doordash, like other digital gig platforms, requires its drivers to undergo a background check during the onboarding process. However, filling out the application and submitting it is as far as most people get. In fact, most applicants quit after inputting their personal information and hitting the submit button. It’s not clear why so many people stop at this point instead of proceeding to the next step.
However, Doordash will not allow you to start working for them until you complete your background check. This article explains how to get one in order to work with them as a driver.
Should You Apply for a Background Check?
While Doordash will not let you start working if you don’t complete your background check, it’s not required to even apply for the gig. You could always choose to skip this step and later apply for a job at another on-demand platform, where they may or may not require a background check. It’s up to you which option to choose. The only time you absolutely have to get a background check is if you want to work for a school, daycare, hospital, or other place where children are present. These organizations must conduct a background check on every person working for them.
If you plan on driving for Doordash on a part-time basis, you don’t have to get a background check. However, if you want to drive for them on a full-time basis, you’ll have to go through the same process as other applicants.
How to Get a New Background Check for Doordash
Let’s say that you’re a new applicant who wants to get a new background check. Here’s how to proceed.
- First, sign up for an account with Doordash. You can do that online by clicking the “drive with us” button on their homepage.
- Once you have an account, click the “apply to drive” button to begin the onboarding process.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your personal information, including your name and date of birth.
- You’ll also have to enter your social security number, email address, and phone number.
- Next, you’ll have to input your home address, as well as your driving history.
- For your driving history, you’ll have to enter your current car and insurance information, as well as your driver’s license information. Don’t worry if you don’t have a license. You can still apply to drive for Doordash.
- Once you’ve entered your information, you’ll have to click the “submit” button.
This concludes your Doordash application. However, you won’t be able to start working for Doordash until you finish your background check.
What is the Timeframe for the Doordash Background Check?
It takes approximately two to three weeks to receive a background check from Doordash after you submit your application. However, if you applied on a Saturday, it could take longer. The good news is that you can start working on their platform as soon as you submit your application. This means that once you finish your background check, you can start earning money as a Doordash driver. The only thing stopping you from driving for them is your background check.
Driving for Doordash is a great way to make some extra money on the side. However, you can’t start working for the company unless you complete your background check. Once you finish your background check, you can start earning money as a Doordash driver.
Luckily, it’s easy to get a background check from Doordash. All you have to do is submit your application, wait two to three weeks, and then complete your background check online. Once you finish your background check, you can start driving for Doordash.