If you’ve ever used a delivery service before, then you know that things can sometimes go wrong. Maybe your order wasn’t correct, maybe something went missing, or maybe you just decided you didn’t want it anymore. Whatever the reason might be, canceling an order is just another part of using such a service that you should be prepared for.
However, figuring out how to cancel your Postmates Order isn’t always so straightforward. There are different ways to do it, as well as different places where you may need to do it. How do you cancel an order on Postmates? Read on to find out…
Why Would You Want To Cancel an Order On Postmates?
There are many reasons why you might want to cancel an order on Postmates. Before you do, however, you should make sure that you’ve given the restaurant or retailer an opportunity to correct any issues with your order. Most of the time, you can just reach out to the business and let them know that you’d like to cancel your order. After all, you don’t want to cancel an order if it’s something that’s just wrong because of a simple mistake.
If you want to cancel your order on Postmates, here are a few reasons why you might do so:
- You ordered the wrong thing. If you accidentally ordered the wrong thing or your order was incorrect, you should first reach out to the business. You can either do so with a message through Postmates, or you can just call them.
- Your order takes too long to get to you. Postmates gives you an estimated delivery time for every order. If your order takes longer than that estimated time, you can cancel it and get your money back.
- The distance between the restaurant and your location is too far for the delivery person. Most food delivery services have a maximum distance that their delivery people should travel to pick up an order. If your order would put the delivery person too far out of their way, you can cancel it.
- The restaurant closes before your food arrives. Some restaurants may close before your food gets to you. If your order would get to you after the restaurant has closed, you can cancel it.
How To Cancel An Order On Postmates
Cancel Your Postmates Order on the app
If you’re on the app, you should be able to find an option to cancel your order.
To find it, go to the menu in the top left-hand corner and select Orders. From there, you should be able to select the order that you want to cancel and then click on the Cancel button.
If you can’t find that option with your order, there may be an alternative way to cancel it. If you have the order number, you can go to the menu in the top left-hand corner and select the option for My Orders. From there, you should see an option for the order number you’re looking for. Click on it, and you should see the option to cancel.
You can also go to your profile and select the order number there. Once you do, you should see options to not only cancel, but also get the status of your order, as well as contact support.
Cancel an Order on Postmates Through Email
If you don’t have access to the app, you can also cancel an order through email.
- To do so, go to the app and select the order you want to cancel.
- You should see options to call the customer or email them. Select Email, and you should see an option for Cancel Order.
- Select that, and you should get an email from Postmates confirming that your order has been canceled.
How to Cancel an Order Through Calling
If you don’t have access to the app or email, you can still cancel your order through a simple phone call. To do so, go to the app, select the order you want to cancel, and then select Cancel Order. You should get an option to call the business and cancel your order that way.
If you don’t have the order number, go to the app and select the option for My Orders. From there, select the order you want to cancel and you should get an option to call the business and cancel your order that way.
You can also go to the menu in the top left-hand corner of the app and select the option for See My History. From there, select All History, then click on the order date and time. From there, you should see an option to cancel the order.
There are a few ways that you can cancel an order on Postmates. You can do so on the app, through email, or through a phone call. Regardless of how you do it, make sure that you let the business know that the order has been cancelled.
If the order was incorrect, let the business know so they can correct the mistake before they send it out to the next person. If you’re not sure how to cancel an order on Postmates, you can always contact customer support to help you out.