You know that you have truly reached the peak of your chicken game when you can successfully cook chicken mignon. Chicken is a common ingredient, especially for home cooks and chefs alike.
However, some recipes require skill and experience to perfect. The chicken mignon dish from Woolworths – The Ultimate Chicken Guide is certainly one of those. However, don’t let this put you off! It’s not as difficult as it looks at first glance. Once you know the steps involved in cooking this delicious meal, you will be able to do it again with ease anytime soon. Keep on reading to discover more about how to cook chicken mignon at home in no time.
What is a chicken mignon?
A chicken mignon is a cut of chicken breast that is rounded and cut from the upper side of the breast. This is the most tender part of the breast, so it is often used to make stuffed chicken breast dishes.
This cut is also very popular with people who are following a healthy diet, as it is extremely low in fat. So if you are making something like a chicken mignon salad, it is a good idea to choose this cut as you can enjoy all of the flavor with none of the guilt.
Ingredients for Woolworths’ Chicken Mignon recipe
As previously mentioned, you will need to use tenderloin chicken breasts for this recipe. However, you will also need a few other ingredients to make chicken mignon taste great. These ingredients include:
- one cup of rice
- two cups of water
- one cup of carrots
- one cup of peas
- one cup of corn
- one cup of mushrooms
- one red pepper
- one green pepper
- one teaspoon of salt
- one teaspoon of pepper
- one cup of parmesan cheese
- one cup of olive oil
- one cup of tomato
Steps to make Chicken Mignon
There are a few steps to follow to make the chicken mignon. Follow these steps to get tender and juicy chicken mignon.
- First, you need to take the chicken breasts out of the fridge and allow them to come to room temperature before you start cooking.
- Once they have come to room temperature, heat the olive oil in a frying pan or a pan on the stove.
- Then, add the breasts to the pan, and let them cook for around 45 to 60 minutes. Note: If the chicken breasts are large, you may need to cook them for a longer period of time.
- After the breasts have been cooking for about 20 minutes, add the mushrooms, peppers, and tomato to the pan.
- Let everything simmer together for another 25 minutes until the juices from the chicken start to run clear. – Once this happens, turn off the heat, and add the parmesan cheese to the pan.
- Now, let the pan sit for about 10 minutes before you serve the chicken mignon.
Chicken mignon is one of the tastiest dishes on the menu at Woolworths, and it is also one of the most popular dishes. If you like to eat out at restaurants, you may have tried chicken mignon before.
If this is the case, you will know just how delicious this dish is. You can also make chicken mignon at home. It is actually quite easy to make this delicious dish. All you need to do is follow the recipe and use the right ingredients.