In the world of rideshare, every little detail can make a big difference. Especially when it comes to things like bonus earnings or rewards points. In that spirit, we’ll be taking a look at how you can add a forex card in Uber.
And while it may seem like a simple answer, the truth is there are several more complicated layers involved with this process. After all, not everyone has access to their company’s expense management software on demand. Luckily for you, we’ve got you covered! Let’s take a look…
What is a Forex Card?
A forex card is a prepaid card that allows you to withdraw cash at local ATMs. They come in both corporate and consumer versions. The main difference between the two is that the corporate version comes with a PIN and the consumer version does not. Consumer cards can only be used to withdraw cash from ATMs.
Does Uber Accept Forex Card
It depends on the type of card you’re using. Consumer cards still use the same screen that allows you to take cash out of an ATM. Forex cards are a service offered by many companies for their employees. They are usually linked to your work email and are used to pay for things like travel, gas, and meals. These cards can be used to pay for rides just like a normal credit card.
How to Add a Forex Card in Uber
Adding a Forex Card to Uber is easy and can be done in a few steps:
- First, log into your Uber account on the app.
- Next, hover over the ‘Payments’ tab.
- From there, you’ll see a ‘Add Payment Card’ button appear.
- You can then choose the type of card you want to add. Select ‘Other’ and proceed to enter your card details.
- The last step is to enter your card’s PIN. If your card doesn’t have a PIN, you can leave that field blank.
Your Forex Card will now be added to your Uber account and you can use it to pay for rides.
The Catch with Forex Cards in Uber
When you add a forex card to Uber, it will automatically deduct funds from your card for your next ride. This is a great way to avoid taking out cash for rides, especially if you’re in a situation where you can’t show your card to the driver. However, you do need to keep in mind that you’re charged a fee for this service. The fee is usually $3 or $4 per ride.
How to Earn Bonus Points with a Forex Card in Uber
Since a forex card is linked to your company’s expense management software, you can earn bonus points by linking it to your Lyft and Uber accounts. After linking your forex card to your accounts, you should see your bonus points increase after a few rides.
Tips for Using Forex Cards with Uber
- Only link your forex card to your Uber account if you plan on using it for all of your rides. If you use it for one ride, then use cash for another ride, your system will get confused and you’ll be charged two different fees.
- If you travel for work, ask your company if they offer forex cards. If they do, you might be able to use one to pay for your rides.
- If you get paid monthly, wait until the very last day of the month to pay your Uber rides. This will allow your money to be deducted from your first paycheck of the next month. This way, you don’t have to worry about paying your rides with cash.
We hope you’ve found all that you need to know about adding a forex card in Uber. While it might seem like a simple answer on the surface, the truth is that there are several more complicated layers involved with this process.
However, with the tips and advice we’ve outlined above, you should have no problem adding a forex card in Uber. After all, it’s an easy way to earn bonus points and get a few more dollars in your pocket!